Monday 8 October 2018

Film Review - Catfish



What are your expectations of the film?

I expect the film to be a thriller as the synopsis is about unexpected turns within the film. I also think it will be filmed documentary style, with the characters holding the camera, due to the fact that it's a true story

Narrative Turning Points

One of the main narrative turning points is when Nev discovered 'Megan' was lying about her singing, which therefore led him on to question everything else she had been saying

Memorable Moments

The part where Nev spoke to Abby and found out that she barely paints really stood out because it was a revelation that proved the whole Megan and Abby persona was false, which made quite a shocking impact on the audience.

Emotional Response

When Angela revealed the truth and opened up I felt quite sad for her, however my emotions changed when it was revealed she lied about having caner; so from that point on I didn't warm to her as much.

Did you feel empathy/sympathy for any of the characters?

I felt quite a lot of sympathy for Nev when he discovered he'd been 'Catfished' as he had told 'Megan' quite a lot of personal things, so it was upsetting to see him fairly heartbroken. Nev was my favourite as he was never mean to Angela and he still remains friends with her, even though she hurt and lied to him

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Reflexive Documentary

How does your film conform to the conventions of the film movement you chose?   The film movement that I chose was self-...